Hello, I am so happy you have found this work and that I am able to support you during this time. Most likely, if you are reading this you are trying to navigate your own impact of sex addiction, while now grappling with how to support your children (whether adult or minor) in understanding the impacts on them and/or the family. Often for families impacted by sex addiction there are many changes that happen, and children (whether adult or minor) are not sparred from the impacts of these changes. One of the hardest things for parents to decide is what and how to tell their children about a sexual addiction. This workshop and accompanying workbook is a comprehensive and accessible resource intended to support you in figuring out the answer to some of the biggest questions such as “why do a disclosure,” “do we need to do a disclosure,” “what do we say,” “how do we say it,” and “what do we do.”
Disclosure + Conversations with Children About Sex Addiction
A Self-Paced Workshop for Parents
A Few Words About Me
Dr. Piper Grant is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, holds a Masters in Public Health, is a sex therapist, and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist. In addition to her work with couples and individuals on issues related to sex and relationships, she is a trained family therapist with extensive training in child development, psychoanalytical treatment of children and families, and a trained children’s play therapist. She has developed a protocol and guidelines to working with children impacted by sex addiction that are recognized as a standard of practice. As a faculty member of IITAP, and a regular presenter on the topic, Dr. Piper has led the field in shining light on the needs for children impacted by sex addiction and support for parents trying to navigate their own healing.
Common Questions Answered In This Workshop
• I want to tell the kids but [he/she] doesn’t want to
• I don’t want to expose them to something they don’t know
• Do we have to tell them everything
• They want to share everything and I don’t want to
• I don’t think the kids know anything
• The kids don’t need to know
• [He/She] just wants to make me look bad
• I need to tell them sooner than [he/she] wants to
• What words do we use…what about using the term “sex addiction”
• How do we tell them
What You Will Receive
• Lifetime access to video content spanning over 5 videos.
• Presentation in understanding the impact of sex addiction on children
• Guided reflection questions
• An outline to write a letter or construct a conversation to talk with your children about sex addiction
• Sample language to use
• Conversation and Disclosure Agreement to be completed by parents
• Rarely shared materials outside of individual work with Dr. Piper Grant
Do You Have Questions?
Yes. You will receive an email with the information necessary to access the printable PDF workbook and a link to access the corresponding workshop videos.
No. There is no time limit and you will have lifetime access to the materials.
This is a course that you are able to work at your own pace. If you fall behind that is not a problem. It is encouraged that if time permitting, you take it slow and allow ample time to process with your supports.
Yes. Once you have received the link to access materials you have a lifetime of access and are free to watch and re-watch at your pace.
This course does not include interactions or consulting with Dr. Piper directly. If you wish to have a private consultation with Dr. Piper you can email her at DrPiper@numiwellness.com .